iPod Touches will be getting the OS4 upgrade for free

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Psyko, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Psyko

Psyko Member

As the topic goes... This time, ipt owners will get the OS 4.0 update for free!
    FREE!
    Unfortunately, that's if you have the 2nd or 3rd gen iPod Touch. The first gen wont be eligble to update at all.

June 21st it will be available.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but upgrading your iPod Touch used to cost a lot of money. How much did it used to be? i.e. 2.0 -> 3.0
  2. backlund

backlund New Member

I believe it was $10. I want to mention that I'm really disappointed that Apple didn't announce a new ipod touch. I've been waiting to upgrade from my 2g touch and was assuming that a 4g would be announced.
  3. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  4. Soutar_3DG

Soutar_3DG Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    every single ipod touch has been announced at the music event in september, so the next ipod touch will be exactly the same, announced in september.
  5. Psyko

Psyko Member

The iPod is most likely going to be announced in the September event. Just like last year. And just like all the other ipods it's been in September.
  6. Dripz167

Dripz167 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Trust me, Appple would lose money if they don't make a 4g iPod touch. Now, I'm not all giddy about camera's (Since I have a 12mp slim one) but I know most people are. Esp in a world where if you capture something on video, you can become famous.... for 15 minutes