1. vietxboy911

vietxboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I havent really looked for a way to jailbraking my ipod touch since this morning. It seems that people have already found a way to jailbrake the 2nd gen, since I got mine ( christmas ). I had a few questions.

- Should I jailbrake my Ipod now, or wait a little bit later?
    - I saw some tut videos, when I restore my ipod, will all my apps, music, etc get deleted? ( process of jail braking )
    - What is your favorite Jailbraking setup, exp: Quickpwned or however that works, and what would be the easiest? ( links would be appriciated )
    - One of the obvious, is it safe, reliable? How will getting apps work? Would I still need my iTunes account to get apps from iTunes, or will I be able to get them for free from Cydia/Installer?

In basic terms, introduce me to jailbraking for the 2nd gen. I want to know every detail I should, and your advices, and whatnot, so thanks for reading through and helping me, thanks.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Look through this thread, it has the easiest jailbreaking tool. Jailbreaking is safe and reliable if you use common sense and read everything.
  3. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Everything will be deleted once you restore, however, you can sync everything back on.
    Use Quickfreedom, or if you want, the newly released redsn0w is still in beta.
    There are many guides around the forum.
  4. vietxboy911

vietxboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well no offence, but I dont see much detail on that thread. I dont think it would help ethier, because I cannot download *******s ( blocked in my network ). But I read thru it anyways, and it says " No hassel of restoring " which I guess means that I wouldnt need to restore it? Also had another question~ do you have to have the ipod connected to the pc to jailbrake it? thanks
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There are downloads for the zip file in the thread. Yes, you will not need to restore with redsn0w 0.3. Yes, you need to have your ipod connected to the computer when you jailbreak
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    here.. don't waste ur time with the threads. pm me, and i'll give u a run down on everything u need to know.
  7. vietxboy911

vietxboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    How is re-syncing possible? Yes I have looked around for guides, but I needed some direct help. My AIM's is vietxboy911 if any of you wanted it to help me, just give me an IM

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    what do you mean? You will always be able to sync with iTunes
  9. vietxboy911

vietxboy911 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh, I meant to sync everything exactly that was on my ipod back on it, without having to look for all my music files and putting themb ack on, aswell as my videos. Have both of you got AIM yet? i'd like to get it done/explained to soon asap, or give me your aim so I can I'M you.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nothing will be deleted at all if he uses QuickPwn...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just use QuickPwn. It's one of the safest tools released right now.