ipod touch, worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by navyasw02, Oct 2, 2007.

1. navyasw02

navyasw02 New Member

So I'm seriously considering getting the ipod touch, but i've seen a lot of reviews with mixed reviews. If I didnt have Verizon, I'd get the iphone, but the touch looks like the next best thing. I listen to my current mp3 player daily on the commute, but the thing that appeals most to me is having the wifi capability as well. Opinions?
  2. MaxTO

MaxTO New Member

I would say yes go for it !
  3. joshq00

joshq00 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I love mine. On it right now. Get it.
  4. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

If you already have an mp3 player, there are two things to consider.

1.) Price.

299 for 8gb, and 399 for 16gb. I opted for the 8gb, since i don't watch movies on it. I'm never in one place for that long, and if i am, i make sure to bring my DVD player. Don't go blow all your money just because it's cool...(even though it is really cool)

2.) Options.

The biggest thing the iPod has going for it is the wifi feature (which is prettttyyyy cool) Besides of the awesome OS and it's great responsiveness. I've never used a mac product before this - and I love it. It's also got a calnder, contacts, and calculator which can be handy in some situations

I can't find a problem with it. IT's been working flawlessly since i got it.

All in all, it's up to you.

But i would concur with the others. GET ONE! (peer pressure)
  5. ShadowJPD

ShadowJPD New Member

Hmmn... good place to ask this.

Like andyandy6464 said, price matters. I bought the 16gb because I need the space, but if I didn't have that much to store, I wouldn't have spent the extra $100.

The touch screen is perhaps one of the other reasons I bought it. Compared the other mp3 players out there, none have the style and class that the touch has.

Good luck.
  6. olcar2

olcar2 New Member

The IPod touch is the future.
    Even unjailbreaked, I love my new super-iPod.
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Verizon

I agree with navyasw02, i really want the iphone but i'm stuck with verizon, it sucks but when this came out i said the exact same thing... "it's the next best thing"
  8. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

no offence, but you're stupid. consider your audience: ipodtoucfans.com. we are all fans of the ipod touch, wouldnt we say that the iPoT is worth it? this is a stupid topic.
  9. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

i'm sure one of us on here has their gripes about it. And i'm sure there is going to be more than one person returning it.
  10. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

well, i would rather have a Newton II but that doesnt exist yet. i want more functionality! and compatibility with a bluetooth keyboard and the ability to take notes!