Ipod Touch won't update please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Anonofpt, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Anonofpt

Anonofpt New Member

I just got an ipod touch with the 1.1.5 software on there and I have been trying to upgrade so I can get apps and it keeps saying "There was a problem downloading theipod software... you do not have permission to access the requested resource." My internet on my computer is working fine and I was able to download other stuff off i-tunes and sync all my songs. But that message comes up every time I try and update. I tried re-installing I-tunes 8 and restarting the i-pod. any answers??? please help!!!
  2. tat.zizzy

tat.zizzy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there is a problem with the apple server today...many people are having the same problem!
    wait for a couple of days...apple will fix it...as it is the holiday season they must be short of staff..AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS..HAVE A NICE STAY HERE.. READ THE RULES..

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. madfiddler

madfiddler New Member

me too

I called apple and waited on hold so you dont have to. They told me the same thing at apple that to try again on monday the problem should be fixed should be the key word but basicly they said to keep trying. And you only get 1 free tech call per touch. and sice this is there problem i asked for them to not use my 1 freebie and the guys laughed and said sure so be sure to ask for that to if you call (or dont bother calling)