Ipod touch wont turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AbrahamCORPSE, Aug 23, 2009.

1. AbrahamCORPSE

AbrahamCORPSE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so, I was using my jailbroken (2.21 I believe) ipod touch second generation, outside listened to some music, came inside it was still on, so I paused it to put it to sleep mode, and well it worked, then I went to turn it on from sleep mode, the sliding bar worked, but then trying to touch any applications wouldn't work. then I would push the home button twice to use the music thing, and it let me touch music, and cancel, but wont let me use the main screen, so I thought I would turn it off, and now it wont turn back on, I've tried just turning it back on, I've tried DFU mode, I've tried resetting it, I've tried hooking it up to my computer, I've tried charging it, pretty much done everything people have suggested on other threads. if you have any suggestions I would be very thankful.

-Tara.
  2. Kadaj_1993

Kadaj_1993 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this has happened to me twice. leave it on a ipod dock for a couple of hours.

the first time it only took a couple of hours, the second time it took more than a week
  3. AbrahamCORPSE

AbrahamCORPSE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, thank you, I'll see if it works.
  4. Tsukoi

Tsukoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Although you've already tried the DFU Mode option, there's a small possibility you did the proccess wrong =P

Hold down the Sleep button, and Home button for 10 Seconds.
    Take your finger off the sleep button, but hold it on the home button for another 8 Seconds.

I'd try it again, but if not try the Dock idea.
  5. AbrahamCORPSE

AbrahamCORPSE New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did that though, I even looked up to make sure I was doing it right, I did it while not plugged into the computer, I did it while it was plugged in, also I tried the dock thing I left it over night, since about 8pm till 8am.

Like I just do not understand how it can turn off, and then just not work.