ipod touch won't turn on - help please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rumpelstilskin, Nov 4, 2009.

1. rumpelstilskin

rumpelstilskin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi
    i'm sure there are other threads about this, but i haven't been able to find one with a problem that is the same as mine.
    i have a 1st generation ipod touch, which is about two years old, and i haven't really had any problems with up until now.
    i got back from a trip, and the ipod had been completely drained of battery, so i plugged into my wall socket charger thing overnight. the next morning, it was fully charged, so i unplugged it from the charger. it turned off, and i could not get it to turn back on again. nothign happens whne i plug it into my computer, but when i plug it into the wall socket the screen will light up and the little apple will appear for about fifteen seconds, but then the screen will suddenly turn black and there will be these weird black/grey lines and i'll still sort of be able to see the apple symbol (if that makes any sense)

i've tried holding down the two buttons at once, and doing the holding down the on/off button, then both, then the menu button but it just will not go on.

please please please help me!!!

thank you in advance,
    flavia
  2. Gullash

Gullash Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try restore it in DFU mode