iPod Touch won't turn on..Apple are no help either!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tazlop, Feb 15, 2010.

?

Should you be able to easily access files on an iPod touch(inc. hidden ones and OS)

Poll closed Feb 20, 2010.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tazlop

tazlop New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I have a 1st gen 16GB iPod touch. I attempted a full system reset from the settings menu, however, about 90% through the reset (as estimated last time I saw it working) it ran out of power before complete and so I plug it into the wall to charge. I come back assuming it fully charged, powered it up, but it will not power up correctly and go to the homescreen. Instead of this it just shows the apple logo with no prompts or instructions for a few seconds and then it will power off again...I try again and again with no luck. I applied my net instinct and that as that it was in recovery mode, so I plug it into iTunes and it attempts to boot up again ith the power USB cord inserted, however there is the same problem that it wont boot up properly. It is therefore not recognised by iTunes and can't be found, nor as a drive attached to my computer. I also tried doing a 'hard' restart (pushing power and home down) yet still with no luck. A friend of mine (an ex Apple employee explained to me it must be a software problem and hence there is a FREE solution to this problem as long as the iPod touch has power - all that is needed is a system restore on iTunes, he just doesn't know how to get it recognised in iTunes.. It ran on (before the update) OS version 3.1.

So I rang apple with this message and they said $200....SCAM

Anyone know how to do this free (or otherwise) as i'm sure its only software
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bad bad bad, your os is problem all messed up now
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    try DFU mode too
  3. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  4. tazlop

tazlop New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    its all fixed now boys and girls

Please Register or Log in to view images

had to do DFU mode then factory reset ten DFU again then no restore ...thanks for all the help
  5. cotton509

cotton509 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol ur kernel panicing....
    Dfu mode