ipod touch won't turn off.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blasteryui, May 28, 2009.

1. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay so I shall list the problem(s). First off if I try to turn off my ipod it turns off to black screen then like 2 seconds later the apple logo comes on then 2 seconds later goes black screen, and will do this tell the battery is dead. If I hold the power button while its in black screen it will turn on normally. Now when it's on, every now and then it will randomly bring up the slide to power off. Now say I want it to go into sleep mode if I tap the power button or hold it for a few seconds it will ask if I want to power off, SOMETIMES it goes into sleep or lock mode or whatever it's called. Lastly, when it is in sleep mode it tries to power off and just keeps restarting like it does in the beginning. Help me out?

SO because of this I cannot jailbreak my ipod because your ipod needs to turn off I believe, because every time I try to jailbreak it doesn't work and I assume this is why.
  2. _Devn_

_Devn_ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im no expert but sounds like ur lock button isnt working.. did it possibkly get wet or somehting rcently?
  3. blasteryui

blasteryui New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think it did, when it goes into sleep mode or lock mode it tries and turns off too.
  4. _Devn_

_Devn_ Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    umm well... it actually turns off? or just tries... it wont turn off right?

yeah that sucks.... i think its possible to brick an ipod ive seen it here b4 the kid like bricked it and sent it into apple and got new 1... + it was jalibroken..u culd do that... but idr how he bricked it....
  5. WunDaii

WunDaii Banned

Apple are great with stuff like this your i pod isn't jail broken. so apple will probably will fix it for free
  6. jonty_rocks3

jonty_rocks3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If it is under a year old, they will fix it for free. Just take it into one of their stores and an apple store rep will help you

Please Register or Log in to view images