iPod Touch won't turn off and randomly pauses music

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by entmike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. entmike

entmike New Member

Anyone else had the problem where you can't hard-power-off your iPod touch? I hold the front button and power button, and move the slider to confirm turning it off, and it turns off for about a second and then turns back on starting with the apple logo. Also, my songs are randomly pausing, and then I have to press play again. It just started happening last night, and I've only had the thing for a week, so I guess I should exchange it (if they let me), but was wondering if there are any tricks I could try instead. I'd hate to lose the songs and shows I just bought if I have to return/exchange it.
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Well, for starters, that's not how you turn it off.

just hold the top button down for a second or two without pressing the Home Button. Then slide the slider. What you are doing is resetting it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the random pausing.
  3. Aciidc0der

Aciidc0der Retired Moderator

go check with the apple store and ask for a replacement...it shouldnt pause at all...
  4. entmike

entmike New Member

Ok, yeah, I didn't need to hold the front button, however the same behavior happens, it just turns back on.

Thankfully, I just bought this a week ago so I just got off the phone w/the Apple store I bought it from and they are going to let me exchange it. Hope this doesn't happen with another new one!
  5. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

did you try restoring it first? much less work than getting a replacement.....
  6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

when you hold the power and the home button like that, that is just restarting it. you turn it off by only holding the power button. it keeps on turning on because you just keep restarting it.
  7. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

lol, everything here is true.

also, do a restore! it will more than likely fix the issue right away.
  8. Bird

Bird New Member

In regard to the pausing, are your earphones completely in the jack, or are you unplugging and replugging them in while listening? If the former, then your Ipod will pause because it things you're pulling them out, and the same applies to the latter.
  9. Jellicle

Jellicle New Member

I have a situation (fortunately rare) where songs pause while I'm surfing the web.
  10. Vasily

Vasily Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That might be because the microchip is overloaded or there is a bug

Please Register or Log in to view images