iPod Touch Won't Sync Photos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrCookie615, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    This is really the first time I've ever had a problem with my iPod Touch, and I haven't gotten a clue on how to solve it. For some reason, the past couple of days I haven't been able to sync any Photos at all. I was able to delete them, but I can't add any. When I go on to iTunes and try to sync the images, it seems like it doesn't even bother to, it just backs up my iPod, sync applications for like a second and the finishes syncing. Funny thing is, I never asked it to sync my apps, just my photos. And no, the images are not downloaded from Safari on my iPod, all of these are on my computer. I have synced photos in the past while it WAS jailbroken and on this firmware version. (see below for details). I've tried restarting my iPod and PC, I've tried removing some recent apps I've installed via Cydia and Appshare/[PIRACY]us. And I can't seem to figure out anything. I'd really rather not have to restore, cause I just restored about 10 days ago, and it was a painful process getting everything back. So if anyone could try to come up with some solution, I'd really appreciate it.

More info:
    iPod Touch 1G, 2.1 jailbroken with QuickPWN for Windows.
    PC: Windows XP Professional
    iTunes: Version 8.0.1
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Did you restore?, that fixes firmware related problems
  3. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd rather find an alternative solution first, but if I have to, I will. I needz me photos. XD
  4. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You have to restore, that is caused by a problem in the firmware. Restoring fixes all problems with the firmware.
  5. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, if I must. But the funny thing is, that I was fine a couple of days ago. It just seems like overnight it just stopped being able to sync photos. Oh well.
  6. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Firmware is a very complex thing and problems usually come to it, tell me if restoring worked.
  7. cantcatchme939

cantcatchme939 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this has happened to me before. what you need to do is just SSH into /var/mobile/media or /var/mobile/library or something like that i forget. and somewhere in there is a photo library folder. I don't remember the exact path but it's there somewhere. trust me. Just set the permiossions for that folder to 777 recursively and it will work.
  8. Hemanthpkmnz

Hemanthpkmnz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi, i had the same problem, i reinstalled itunes, respringed once restarted the device, remover infiniboard and also removed android lock XT and disabled Multitasking (ios4 feature) from Winterboard, and then it started to sync again, not sure whick step did it though.

Hope this helps