iPod Touch Wont Sync And iTunes Freeze when it opened!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WilliamBauset, Oct 10, 2007.

1. WilliamBauset

WilliamBauset Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hey guy's im new here and i just got my ipod touch yesturday and it's Awsome. But i have a problem, when i plugged my usb cable in my laptop, itunes opened and it freeze. But when im doing in my brother laptop(He has Windows Vista), it worked fine but not on mine

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Please help.
    Oh and im running Windows XP.

Thanks for your help

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kevio

kevio New Member

Try plugging it into another computer. Then go back to your first computer.
  3. jd-08

jd-08 New Member

Hi Bill,

Not quite sure how old your XP system is - but - a couple of quick thoughts....

Microsoft has done a number of USB driver updates. Be sure your XP drivers are up-to-date...

Second - iTunes really does like USB 2.0 (rather then older technology..). If your XP system is a few years old - that could be an issue. However - I'm connected on one of my older systems using a USB 1.X port - and it will sync - it just acts like it's frozen for about 30-45 seconds. It will then make the connection..?? How long are you waiting??

Third - I'm guessing - if you start iTunes WITHOUT the iPod connected - it starts up fine? If not, post back, OK?

Finally - if you are connected through an external USB hub in any way - try connecting direct to the PORT rather than a hub.

JD
  4. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

thats what happened to me when I got my ipod touch, but then I realized I just had to upgrade to the latest version of itunes, that id the trick for me