Ipod touch won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwerty, Feb 13, 2010.

1. qwerty

qwerty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My ipod touch broke recently (about 4 weeks ago), I'm not really sure what happened to it. It started running very slow, then the touch screen stopped working, So I restored it but that didn't help so I did it again, now my ipod touch is stuck in restore mode and i cant get it out of it. I looked around the internet and I've tried putting it in DFU mode and also downloading new firmware, updating itunes etc.., but none of these methods help at all.
    I try to restore it on itunes but after itunes tells me that it has successfully restored it my ipod will just go straight back to restore mode. I've tried restoring it about 30 times but it takes about 4 hours to get to the point where itunes tells me it has restore it.
    It's really starting to get on my nerves and im close to just giving up completely so any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hmm, try putting it into DFU Mode again.

Hold home and power for 10 seconds, then release the power button but continue holding the home button until your iPod appears in iTunes.

After that, shift-click on Restore and select the correct firmware that you wish to restore to.

Just in case, you should redownload the firmware version that you are going to restore to, in case the current firmware you have downloaded is corrupted.
  3. qwerty

qwerty New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks,
    I'll try that when i find it, i havent used it in a couple of days and now i can't find it.