Ipod Touch Won't Restore!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IsaiahR, Sep 22, 2009.

1. IsaiahR

IsaiahR New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new here, and this is my first post. I joined, because I'm having a problem with my ipod, and I hope you guys can help! I've read a lot online already, but still haven't gotten it to work!

The other day I was on my Ipod touch, and it froze up a couple times, but then after freeing up particularly bad, it then said it needed to be plugged into Itunes. I plugged it in, and Itunes told me that the my Touch has enter "Recovery Mode" And needs to be restored. Okay, no big deal, so I tried to restore it. It won't let me, it keeps on coming back with an error - The Ipod could not be restored . An unknown error has occurred (1604). I went to apple's website and tried everything it suggested (Re-booting my computer, installing the newest version on Itunes), but nothing has worked. What do I need to do?

Thanks for all your help!
    - IsaiahR

PS: If it matters, I'm running Windows XP.
  2. picklejw

picklejw Member

Device:
    iPad
    i think the 1604 error is one i got at one point, did u change the firmware on it or something? either way i know i got out of it, try a program called "irecovery" theres diffrent things you can use there like "fsboot" will take you out of recovery mode i think, i know theres something in there that can help

Please Register or Log in to view images