iPod Touch won't restore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lilgreenmike@gmail.com, Sep 11, 2009.

1. lilgreenmike@gmail.com

lilgreenmike@gmail.com New Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Okay, so I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen. Right now, it is in Recovery Mode. I uninstalled all apple programs from my computer (Vista) and re-installed iTunes 9 then restarted the computer. iTunes works normally and everything. Now when I plug in my iPod Touch, iTunes recognizes that it is in Recovery Mode and tells me to Restore it. Okay, so I go the the iPod tab and click Restore. In my case, its Restore and Upgrade (going from 3.0 to 3.1). It downloads the firmware, starts Extracting it and finally Prepares the iPod for restoration. My iPod now displays the Apple Logo along with the small loading wheel. Then it displays the status bar. While iTunes is restoring, the status bar on the iPod progresses, everything is going good so far. Okay, now! The restoration completes and iTunes gives me this message saying something along the lines "Restoration complete. iPod has been reset to factory settings. Message will close in 5 seconds". Once the message goes away, iTunes redirects me to the iPod tab, only to find out that it is giving me a message that my iPod is in Recovery Mode... again, and I need to Restore. My iPod is displaying that Recovery Mode screen... -_-

I kept trying to restore repeatedly but I get the same results. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Try the link in my signature. That is sure to work.