Ipod Touch Wont restore - new one ;)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thurinlah, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i know all your smart asses are going to say that i need to search and all that sort. But i have, and i know your going to want to say that i didn't search hard enough, but just read my problem, its abit different to the average 'wont restore'

Pretty much this is what happened, i had 2 ipod touches, i jailbroke the first one installed everything i wanted on it and sent it away to my brother. i grabbed the second ipod and thought instead of connecting it and installing and then downgrading that i would just put into recovery mode straight away and restore it to the firmware i wanted.

it did everything normally apart from after it was finished preparing it said "waiting for ipod' and so i waited... and waited, for 6 hours (slept

Please Register or Log in to view images

) it didnt work, so i repeated and repeated, tried different firmware, i even rang apple (as it was new) and they had no clue how to fix it.

i havent been able to get any further, i read alot about iphuc but it seems not to work with ipod ( i am assuming my ipod is not 1.1 (also is there anyway i can find out in recovery mode))

extra details. latest itunes, in itunes my ipod comes up as in recovery mode and it has a N/A for all the details, like firmware/capacity/name.

also when it is 'waiting for ipod' my ipod has a little symbol at the bottom that continually rotates. like the mozilla loading symbol at the top of firefox.

if you need any information or you have any clue, please let me know
  2. dabomb1022

dabomb1022 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    u need to delete iTunes and delete the iTunes.ddl thing inside of the musicfolder/iTunes and get iTunes 7.5 and search for a thing called auto down it uses ipuc and works
  3. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hey mate, thanks for the quick reply.

i have un installed itunes, how ever i can not find this iTunes.ddl. so are you using a mac? because i am a pc user
  4. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i downloaded ziphone. i have tried to flash the boot loader to the old one. white text scrolls and then it gets to a big Z and says 'flashing boot loader... (1'55")' and then just sits on that screen for good. is this what its supposed to do?