ipod touch won't remember static ip address settings

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by versatilewt, Feb 16, 2008.

1. versatilewt

versatilewt New Member

I know I have the static ip settings correct for my iPod touch. However, after I update the settings and go to try to use safari, the internet doesn't work. Then, when I go back to look at the wi-fi settings for my network, they have been reset and aren't the correct ones i had entered.

does anyone know why this is happening?
  2. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

this happens to me too...perhaps wrong ip info..i dont have a solution for this
  3. StaticMayhem

StaticMayhem Guest

Fellow Ipod User =]

I had a similar problem with the ipod forgetting the static info and going back to DHCP. My dad managed to fix it.
    -If you are using a password protected router, make sure that the password is case sensitive. Be sure to use CAPs when needed.
    -Go into settings-wifi. When you see the connetion you want, click the blue arrow and click "static" then enter the correct info.
    -Once the info is entered, click the home button. Then open safari to check its working.

This worked for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

I hope it works for you.
    I have a feelings the problems lie with the updated iOS, as they "improved" the wifi, they may have tinkered too much and accidently caused some difficulty in the ipod connecting.