Ipod Touch won't play more than 5 minutes of a movie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jord413, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Jord413

Jord413 New Member

Hi all,

This is my first time posting on these boards so let me know if you need more info.

Basically I've got a 8 gig Ipod Touch and it used to play all videos I converted under XP using DVD Decrypter/Videora without a problem. I upgraded to Vista 64 and since then I can't get any movie to play more than say 3 or 4 minutes. At that point the Ipod either resets itself or goes back to the movie selection screen. I've tried many different apps such as: Cucusoft, DVD Fab Platinum, DVD Decrypter/Videora, Super DVD Converter and a bunch of other freeware ones. I've also tried the same movie in multiple apps and different movies in each app as well. They all do the same thing. I can watch the full length movie on my computer without a problem but on my Ipod it crashes every few minutes. Also, I know the whole movie is being copied to the Ipod because I can fast forward to any given point (even past where it crashes) and watch the movie for the first few minutes from the point I start playing it. I've tried to link it to different things such as maybe it crashes when it switches chapters but I can't narrow it down.

Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions on what could be the problem?
  2. Teddyx

Teddyx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Im not sure what the problem would be but ive been using the imToo Movie converters and they are working perfect, i found them on a ******* site didn't take more than 3min to DL...ive never had a problem any format to ipod and they all work
  3. flo123

flo123 New Member

Well, my videos mostly stop after five minutes in the video player. The film stops and i am sent back to the movie-selection screen. Then i just select the movie I just tried to watch and forward it with the slidebar to 5:20 or the point closest after the movie stopped, and from there it plays on.
  4. Jord413

Jord413 New Member

I can do the same thing but it's quite annoying as it happens about every 5 minutes no matter where I fast forward to in the movie. I wouldn't mind having to do it once but I have to do it over and over.
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

reset all settings
  6. Jord413

Jord413 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm at work now but will let you know how this works when I get home.
  7. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I hate telling people to just "restore", since it is the crappiest response in the world, but I think that this may be the only way to solve the problem. I had a similar problem to yours in the past, and I fixed it with a restore, while nothing else worked.

So, I recommend restoring your firmware.
  8. Jord413

Jord413 New Member

Unfortunately, resetting all settings and wiping all data/resetting settings did not work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I don't have a problem restoring it as I only have a few playlists and a couple of movies for now to resync. I'll do that now and let you know.
  9. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

go to general, reset and reset all settings
  10. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    why do you even bother to post?