iPod touch won't finish backup.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xander7447, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Xander7447

Xander7447 New Member

My iPod has been backing up for about half an hour now and the progress bar has stopped moving at 1/7 of the way there. My iPod says "Sync in Progress". I'm pretty sure all my software is up to date, and my iPod isn't currently jailbroken. What can I do?
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

just slide to cancel the sync
  3. Xander7447

Xander7447 New Member

I tried that just now, and it says it was syncing, but didn't say what, then went back to backing it up going very slowly. I don't know if it will make it all the way there. The progress bar has stopped moving again as of now. What is supposed to happen during this backup? I've never come across this before.
  4. playafolife6

playafolife6 New Member

this happens to me and i need help
  5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

yeah, sometimes iTunes freezes in the middle of syncs, especially with 3.0 FW. just close iTunes from the Task Manager and reopen it.
  6. cashmoneyed

cashmoneyed New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ipod won't finish

Mine is doing something very similar. It won't finish syncing... it says sync in progress on my ipod and syncing "ipod" and verifying "ipod" in itunes. I've tried shutting down itunes from the task manager but it still won't work for me. somebody please help it is real annoying!
  7. g2tegg

g2tegg New Member

having the same stupid problem.
  8. briankh

briankh Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine did that sorta after I bought the "Heroes" app and downloaded all comics. It took FOREVER to do the first backup. The backup file was almost 2GB!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. gunnstreetgrrl

gunnstreetgrrl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Mine does this too. My imac is only a year old with all updates installed and I am on my third first generation ipod touch. They recently reinstalled the software on my computer and gave me a new ipod only for it to continue having problems completing a sync. I don't have this problem with my iphone 3gs, or my old click wheel ipod, it seems to be unique to the touch. I also find that if I force quit during the sync, the next time I try to listen to music it takes a few minutes to build the library, goes back to the last album played and freezes on the track listings for the album. Has anyone else had this happen? I don't know what the problem is, but as the machine and the ipod were not cheap and still under warranty, I would like to have it fixed, and if I can do it without lugging a huge imac in to be repaired that would rock.