ipod touch wont connect to wifi.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 28mikes, Dec 26, 2009.

1. 28mikes

28mikes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have just bought an Ipod touch and the software version is 3.1.2 my problem is sometimes it refuses to accept my routers password. Sometimes it after you enter the password it says unable to connect and then it connects automatically again by itself. Sometimes it connects and disconnects every few seconds. I am using WPA PSK and I struggled to setup the initial connection I had to remove the security first and connect to the router and connect the ipod to the router and then after that setup the security and then go to the ipod and delete connection then after that connect to the new secured network. My problem is if I have to enter a password everytime I connect its going to be hustle considering that some passwords are long and consist of many characters which make it annoying to enter every few minutes or everytime you switch the ipod off.

Is there a problem with my wifi on my ipod?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Make sure you're entering the password in the correct case, I had that trouble when I first got my iPod until I figured it was case-sensitive.
  3. 28mikes

28mikes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I am positive the password is exactly as its set because its all in lowercase and a few numbers. Why does it fail sometimes and then sometimes it connects automatically?
  4. maxam

maxam Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Maybe a restore would help.
  5. 28mikes

28mikes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok. Thanks will give that a try
  6. internet626

internet626 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try using WEP.
  7. 28mikes

28mikes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I didnt really want to use WEP because its insecure and almost everywhere you go they will be using WPA. Do you think there might be a problem with the wifi on it because I am able to connect with my phone with same password the ipod is refusing to connect?

Also whenever I switch on and off the wifi it fails to reconnect and request the password again.
  8. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    28mikes sorry i haven't got a solution but i'd like to say i'm having the exact same problem my sons have ipods and never had this problem before the only thing different is this ipodtouch is 3g where as the others are 2g, i hope you get sorted soon as it will also help me out too its driving me nuts grrrrr
  9. 28mikes

28mikes New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have just returned mine back. I was so annoyed because it was taking me 30min to play around with the ipod before I connect to the internet and also I had to try enter the password may times which it still refused to accept. I am now concerned about getting an iphone and Ipod touch and I am perhaps looking for an alternative.
  10. bajami

bajami New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    28mikes not sure if this makes any difference to u now as you've took yours back i found the solution to mine the `forget this network ` must have been pressed so it forgot it everytime it went into standyby i just reset the network put the info in again and its been working fine

Please Register or Log in to view images