Ipod Touch won't charge and music and videos disappeared!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by estherchiong, Mar 24, 2009.

1. estherchiong

estherchiong New Member

I tried charging my ipod touch using a belkin usb to socket charger. I've used it previously and it was working fine until today. I realized that my ipod wasnt charging at all on the belkin adaptor and the little battery icon on the top right hand corner was showing the plug sign which is usually shown when the battery is fully charged. so i plugged it into my laptop's usb, it showed the lightning sign on the little battery icon but the bigger charge icon wasn't moving at all.

And I found out that all the music and videos have disappeared! Even though in itunes they are showed as "others" but in the ipod my music and video library is showed as empty.

What's happening here? What should I do??
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Try synching another song from iTunes.
    If that doesn't work, try Resetting all Settings, by going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings
  3. vfnelson2

vfnelson2 New Member

I read this on another forum and it worked for me. It said to log into your app store or itunes store ON YOUR IPOD. So I made it update all the apps, which made me sign in. I did this while connected to my computer. My music was all on my ipod, but was not being recognized. It just said OTHER. After doing this the OTHER...well I didn't have everything checked correctly, I am reinstalling the songs on the iPod, but before when I tried, I couldn't because I didn't have enough memory as it would have gone over the memory that I have available.

Either way - by logging in to the app store, it fixed my problem. Hopefully this can help someone else without doing a restore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Vicki