iPod touch wont boot

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mx708, May 14, 2008.

1. Mx708

Mx708 New Member

Okay i installed bosstool on my 1.1.3 ipod touch and moved the fonts to clear up some space. afterwards i turned off the power now when i try to turn it on the boot apple screen and the little loading cirle is in front of the apple. What should i do. Edit: I just rebooted it and it still wont start its stuck on the apple screen but there is no loading circle now.
  2. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

i had the same problem i just had to restore and BTW boot means it wont turn on at all
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Place your iPod touch into DFU mode and restore.

(If you don't know how to place your iPod touch into DFU mode, click on my iPod touch Reference thread, the links in my signature. Then, on the iPod touch Reference, scroll to the 'How to place your iPod touch into DFU Mode' section.)
  4. jgl1115

jgl1115 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you have to restore...this happened to me before..
  5. Mx708

Mx708 New Member

i cant turn the ipod touch off to get it into restore mode. It just randomly boots on and off there is now control
  6. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU it. I don't know if you have done this but I will put a brief tutorial here for you.

1) Hold the hold button down on your iPod
    2) While having the hold button pressed on your iPod, plug in your iPod to your computer, and keep holding the home button
    3) Keep holding the home button until you see the iTunes restore logo

If this does not work, and your iPod is reconigized in iTunes by your computer, try using something like iLiberty to put it into DFU mode.