iPod touch without a computer

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by IBOX 720, Aug 12, 2009.

1. IBOX 720

IBOX 720 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ok here's my problem, I'm currently using my iPod(s) as a replacement for my laptop since it died a horrid death a few months ago, my new job ensures me that I'll be in a different state pretty much every 2 weeks so I'm using hotel wifi as well as airport wifi or edge on my 3gs, the big question I have is, is there a app that can add my downloaded music (not from iTunes) to my music library without using a computer? I have a company laptop that will not allow me to install any program of any kind ie iTunes, and it will be at least another month or two before I go home. I am aware of mewseek pro but the developer said that they were going to make the file transfer available on regular mewseek, but that was months ago, and it still hasn't happened, I don't really want to by a program I'm only going to use half of plus I tried it n I didn't like it as much as I liked the original. Some of you will tell me of pwnplayer or dtunes but those program don't offer the same options as the stock player, so what can I do to get my files into the library WITHOUT A COMPUTER?
  2. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's an app in Cydia called iFile. It's basically a file manager/explorer and a very handy app. Download yer mp3s with iDownload or a browser with which you can download files on the iPod and play 'em with iFile. For other formats (such as wma) you could try vlc4iphone (also available in Cydia).

What do you mean you can't install anything on your laptop ? It would be so easy to just use iTunes. Try this:

Google "Knoppix" or some other live Linux distribution and pop it in your laptop's drive. It will run straight from the CD (or DVD, whatever) without installing anything on the laptop's HDD. That's what "live" means. Then you could run the Windows version of iTunes through Wine (or similar like CrossOver Office or Cedega).

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=iTunes on Linux&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
    http://www.linuxscrew.com/2007/09/19/install-itunes-72-in-ubuntu-and-other-linux-distros/

Hope it helps.

PS: You have an iPod touch AND an iPhone ?
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    You cannot sync ipod touches or iphones in wine with itunes............
  4. IBOX 720

IBOX 720 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ok look it's a company laptop that has admin settings set so I CANT install/download anything without the use of a password, good idea but not able to happen, yes I do have both I got the iPhone when it first came out my son sent me the 1st gen touch for fathers day, upgraded to 3g, daughter got me 2nd gen this year for my birthday and I just renewed my AT&T acount last month and I qualified for a free upgrade to 3gs, so I gave my old 1st gen iPod to my grandson as well as my old iPhone (white) I just need a simple program to transfer files from my downloads folder to the library, I have lots of Sinatra dld but whats the use if I can't put it on a playlist to listen to while I'm on a plane? And I really don't feel like having to switch apps just for a couple songs, especially ones that eat up lots of ram, I'll try I-file so expect a repost when I have later this afternoon
  5. asg31

asg31 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wine has no support for usb...
    If U Are Not Affraid u can do it on windows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cri-sCe2av0

but first u might ask your boss for permission...
  6. randomdude1234

randomdude1234 Member

why not get mewseek with pwnplayer?
  7. dazzyboy007

dazzyboy007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    pwnplayer lets you create playlists for it
    just get pwnplayer of cydia and set the music folder setting in pwnplayer to:
    /Var/Mobile/Library/Downloads if you used safari download manager &
    " / " / " /Music/Mewseek Downloads if u used mewseek

hope i helped

Please Register or Log in to view images

OR Google "MiniXP Live USB"
    it is a slimmed down version of windows XP and can boot from a USB pen drive
    (p.s. im not sure if this release is legal so can a mod tell me if it is illegal so i can correct it