I recently thought I lost my ipod. Turns out it was on my friend's driveway under melting snow for two weeks. I took it home and opened it and dried it well and fired it up. To my great surprise and utter delight, it actually worked when I plugged it into my computer. It even synced a few new songs I'd gotten in the past few weeks. I then proceeded to listen to a song and browse the net. The only problem is I can't charge the battery. It's completely dead and no matter how long I leave it connected to my computer or even a friend's iphone wall charger it won't hold a charge. Another side-effect is that the brightness is always at full dim (ie, nearly impossible to see) but I'm hoping this is only because of the extremely low battery. Anyways, if anyone has any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated!