iPod touch will not sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Regular_P, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Regular_P

Regular_P New Member

I have the latest iTunes (8) and everything on my PC, but it won't sync with my iPod anymore. My computer and iTunes recognizes my iPod. I just restored my iPod thinking that might do the trick, but it's still doing the same thing. I'll click sync, then it'll say "sync in progress" for a couple seconds, then nothing happens. I even uninstalled iTunes and Quicktime and reloaded them, but that didn't help either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've searched through the forums and different threads and haven't found anything that answers my problem. Nothing is showing up when I search Yahoo or Google either.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump.
  2. Regular_P

Regular_P New Member

3. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Do you have any updated songs/videos/photos/apps?
  4. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

u mite not have anything for itunes to update, so it doesnt update.. try downloading a free app, then sync
  5. Regular_P

Regular_P New Member

I just put 10 more albums on my iTunes and it wouldn't sync. I tried restoring my touch, but now it's just empty and still won't sync anything.
  6. redsoxfan11

redsoxfan11 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try holding the sleep and home button for a few seconds, then it will turn off.
    After that, turn it back on.
    If it doesn't work then, I don't know what to tell you.
  7. Regular_P

Regular_P New Member

Nuthin. Thanks for trying though.
  8. anthonyjaycorman

anthonyjaycorman New Member

Same problem here and it's all over the Apple forum. They say to reinstall iTunes and Apple Mobile Devices (OS X), but it doesn't work. A cookie for the first person to really solve this problem.
  9. jscalt

jscalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same problem - initially worked to sync calendar and contacts (for a couple of months) - stopped working with calendar and calendar events disappeared from my ipod and nothing I do gets them back. contacts okay. re-installed itunes, outlook, etc, all with no luck
  10. Regular_P

Regular_P New Member

*update*

Took it into the Apple Store a couple days ago. The tech who checked out my iPod said he'd never seen or heard anything like it before. They hooked it up to their computers, tried updating it again and synching on their computers. It would only sync photos apparently. Nothing else would sync though.

I had to get it replaced (for free) and I should be getting a new one any day. I guess you should take it in to your local Apple Store (if there's one near you) and do the same if it's happening to you.