iPod touch will not have a price drop!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Varlos, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Varlos

Varlos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    The iPhone 3G starts at $199. The iPod touch starts at $299. Heck if I can get an iPhone for $199 that also includes GPS, a microphone, a speaker, and a camera why shouldn't I get an iPhone without service? The answer is you can't! So then can't I just get like 700 minutes and unlimited data for $50 a month? Nope, try $70! Also, if you are a talkative person and need unlimited minutes they AT&T will soak $120 a month from you! Well then, why does the iPhone cost one hundred bucks less? They use practically the same parts, the iPhone even uses more parts. The answer is in the 2-year service agreement where they know that they can get fees from you. You know how you see ads for cell-phones that are free with 2-year agreement. Well, how much does a 600 dollar iPhone cost with 2-year agreement? You guessed it $199!

So, the only way you could see a large price drop in the iPod touch is if you had a 2-year agreement on it!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also if someone can please prove me wrong I would love that, because I want to sell my iTouch for $300 now and get a new one for the same price that has upgrades. Also, if someone already said this I am sorry and am new to this forum.
  2. River

River New Member

You never made mention what capacity your iPod Touch is.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm sure you meant the iPhone, not the Touch...
  3. Varlos

Varlos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Sorry, I am brand new. I just put it in the little device box.
    Is that okay?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I'm sure you meant the iPhone, not the Touch...[/QUOTE]

Actually I was saying that the only way the iPhone is so cheap is because of the 2-year agreement, and the only way the Touch could be that cheap is if it had a 2-year cell phone service agreement, which of course is impossible.