iPod touch wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scottyboy99, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Scottyboy99

Scottyboy99 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi

I know this is very generic but is the ipod touch wifi quite weak for picking up signals. Reason I ask is I use my home wifi and inside the flat all is cool. However from outside my flat (my flat is 3rd floor) it is extremely inconsistent picking up the wifi signal. My Nokia N96 on the other hand picks it up from outside no problem (2 out of 3 bars). I am sure the iPod touch was more consistent picking up wifi from outside until recently. Is it very prone to interference. I tested which wifi networks got picked up in city of London and again my N96 picked up double the amount to my iPod touch. Where is the wifi antenna internally buried within the iPod touch?

thanks
    Wayne
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Under the 3.0 software (and up), WiFi is not very strong. Assuming that yours is 3.1.1, it will probably have some problems. The issue will probably be fixed with a software update, in the future.
  3. mike998

mike998 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think the operative word is "Probably". Apple hasn't really shown any indications that they feel the wifi is a problem. Do you have anything that does? I'm just interested.

And yes, I have the same problems with wifi (unjailbroken 3.1, fresh install) as I did with 3.0 jailbroken or unjailbroken. I'm honestly thinking of jumping ship.
  4. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm on 3.1.1 and feel that the wi-fi on this firmware is the strongest. i've had my ipod touch since 1.1.4 and was disappointed back then with the wifi strength.