Ipod touch wifi SLOW

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by andranic, Mar 15, 2009.

1. andranic

andranic New Member

Hey guys I have been searching for some time now and I have found no answer to my problem.

I ran a speed test on my ITouch and the speeds that came are no where near my 20/20 fios speeds that I get on my macbook and PC.

Is there a cap on the Itouch when it comes to internet speed or am I missing something.
  2. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok this is because first of all fios gives you a slower router one that is g plus the ipod touch also uses g which is slower.
    you have to be reasonable though. you shouldn't think that wireless will be as fast as wired cause it won't be.
    the ipod can only go up to a certain speed
  3. andranic

andranic New Member

I have a bridged connection with my Fios router and a Time capsule. MY Wifi Speeds for all my laptops are maxed out at 20/20. If I connect the Itouch to either device I still get the the same results.
  4. bryster126

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im not saying the router is your problem but the touch can only use g which is not 20/20
    the wifi card also isn't that strong in the ipod
  5. andranic

andranic New Member

What is the max that a G can handle. I have a G network adapter on one of my systems and I get very close to max speeds with it.
  6. bryster126

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    a standard g can get 54mbps but you're probably not going to get 20/20 on your comp and specially not on your ipod.
  7. andranic

andranic New Member

Im geting 3000kbps. when I run a speed test on my Laptop with a G adapter im geting 16000kbps