Ipod Touch Wifi Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Will, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Will

Will New Member

So how long does the WIFI last on the touch on full charge of consistent use?

Also does it pick up normal wifi signals from house wireless routers which a laptop wifi would? so it pretty much would if my laptop would.

I am thinking of getting myself a 8GB ipod touch but I want to be able to add all those fun applications. Also is there a limit to the amount of apps you can store on the iphone?
  2. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

someone posted on an earlier that there wifi lasts around 5 hours of use. I haven't got an approx time for mine yet. but I would say thats about right.

as for wifi signals from your house, yes you can do this. There is a limit to the amount of apps you can add but there is a way around that check out this guide courtesy of tomsabin
  3. Will

Will New Member

hey thanks calvanes, I am thinking of getting a ipodtouch so I can use it on wifi hotspots and watch movies what kind of files can they hold? Can they hold AVI? I am wanting to get the 8gb one for 299$
  4. Rallos

Rallos New Member

You'll have to convert the movies to ipod format. If you own a mac a very good program for this is called VisualHub (its WORLDS better than quicktime and iTunes at this, and it converts to DVD video and burns with one click to boot). If you only own a PC, sorry, I don't have any advice for you other than to get a mac

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Will

Will New Member

Damn no I got a PC, I am sure there are programs out there to burn it but I am planning to jailbreak my ipodtouch so I can add more applications etc... just not too sure on how.
  6. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    There's an awesome tutorial by ipodtouchmaster on you tube . Search for "jailbreak ipod touch"
  7. calevans

calevans Retired Moderator

if you want to put avi on your touch, you need to get a avi to mp4 converter.
    jailbreaking is very easy to do with the new jailbreaking programs and guides on this site, if you have any problems, many ppl will be able to help you, including myself.