iPod Touch Wifi Problems (1stG and 2G)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by threatmantic, May 12, 2009.

1. threatmantic

threatmantic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, My mom has a refurbished iPod Touch 1st Generation 8GB and I have a iPod Touch 2nd Generation 16GB. I've been an iTouch user since Dec. 2007 and I never had a problem until late November (From what I see it was November 20th when 2.2 Software was released.) I had to trade in my 1st Gen iPod because of headphone port problems and I got a refurbished one. Worked fine for a couple of days then I couldn't get on the internet on the iTouch... then barely. I have a Linksys router from Comcast and Comcast came out TWICE to fix the router and they said it's fine. Software is updated. I reseted my router... quite a few times and it kinda helped but barely since I must refresh quite a bit to get safari or shut the wifi button on/off to download an app.
    Then when my mom got a refurbished iPod Touch (because mine was traded in for the third time because I could not stand having barely no wifi) and she got it and then she got me a new 16GB iPod Touch. Now, the internet is a bit faster but overall...still need to refresh, shut the wifi on/off and I can't go on YouTube. For my mom...barely can't get on.
    Okay this is the following solutions I've tried:

• Resetting the router
    • Reset Network Settings on iPod Touch
    • Added all iPod Touch MAC addresses in Comcast Wireless settings
    • Resetting the iPod Touch
    • Changing DNS server using OpenDNS
    None of these solutions made my iPod Touch go back to the way it used to be: fast. Oh and all the iPod software is up to date and not jailbroken (yet...I might do it tonight or soon)
  2. RoYaLx

RoYaLx Member

Device:
    HTC One
    The wifi antenna may be damaged on the iPod.
  3. threatmantic

threatmantic New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    then I must of gotten a lot of iTouch with damaged antennas O_O I mean, I have traded the iPod Touch 1G 3 times.