Ipod Touch Wifi Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by porridgeipod, May 11, 2009.

1. porridgeipod

porridgeipod New Member

Hi i am trying to use wifi on my ipod touch 1g. It has protection WEP but i have typed in the correct password and it shows i am connected but when i try to connect to the internet it say's "no internet connection found". I believe the problem is with the ip address as it shows the wrong one. Please help i have been trying for weeks and i have tryed typing in the correct ip address but when it refreshes the wifi it changes back.

One last thing it works elsewhere but not at home.
    Thanks Porridgeipod
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

does it give you an IP address of 192.168.X.XXX?
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I would bet that at home your router has MAC Adress Filtering enabled. Log into your router and it should be under like "Wireless Security" (depending on brand of router). See if filtering is enabled. If it is, you need to just add your iPods MAC to the list to enable a connection.
  4. porridgeipod

porridgeipod New Member

Thanks

thanks But i have tried this and it is already added to trusted devices and no the ip address comes up with 169.254 but thanks.
  5. MaDiPod

MaDiPod New Member

I had the same problem as you. The assigned IP address was not 192.168.x.x, as expected, and I could not connect to the Internet. My problem was cured by increasing the maximum number of DHCP users in the router.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

ok then it must be with the settings of your router.