Ipod touch wifi problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazydog090, Feb 3, 2009.

1. crazydog090

crazydog090 New Member

Hey i have been using my laptops wifi because i have lost the password for my router and now when i connect to my laptops wifi it says it connected but when i go on safari it says""Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet" but it is it has he connection bar up the top. Can someone tell me how to fix this or tell me how to reset the passward on the router?
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Check your IP and DNS settings. Make sure your DNS is the IP address of your router. If that doesn't work, do this:

You can reset the password on the router by finding the recessed reset button somewhere on the router. (You may need a pen to press it). After the router settings have been reset, you can either:

A) Connect to the router via Ethernet and type in the default IP address into your web browser. (The default IP addy is usually 192.168.1.1)

B) Connect wirelessly to the router. (The default SSID and password should be printed on the router)

I recommend option A, as it requires one less step. Once you have reached the settings page, you should be prompted for a password. Different manufacturers assign different default usernames and passwords. (Common ones include admin - password, admin - <no password>)

Then you can alter any settings you like, such as security, MAC filtering, port forwarding, etc.

Good luck.
  3. Tom_L222

Tom_L222 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    On the bottom of most routers there is a reset button (well more like a hold). Put a pen in it for about 5 seconds and it should reset to its factory settings. But you might not want to do that if it has settings for your ISP have asked you to enter on.