iPod touch wifi not working.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by square965, Sep 10, 2008.

1. square965

square965 New Member

Please don't tell me stuff like check the router again and stuff. I've been through all the steps recommended by Apple.

About 5 months ago, my iPod Touch got run over by a car and broke. I recently managed to fix it, but I had to pry the back part off to do so. I think When I took the back off, it messed up the wifi antennae. It will only pick up wifi signal if I'm less than 15 feet or so away, and the signal fades after about 2 minutes. I have to configure the wifi settings after this happens. What can I do to fix this? (besides sending it in to Apple)

Believe me, I'm very thankful it still works, it just kills me that the wifi isn't working because I know that there is some way to fix it. If it didn't work at all, I'd assume it broke when it got run over, but the fact that it works sometimes leads me to believe that its probably just a loose wire or something.

I'm considering buying a new one though, anyone know someone interesting in buying a run over ipod touch? =p

p.s. The only other damage is 4 dead pixels, some dark spots on the screen, and some small dents in the back. (not near the wifi antennae though)

edit: Oh, two more things. For pictures of what my iPod looked like the day it got run over, check the only other thread I've made here.

And secondly, when I opened up my iPod, I noticed that there was a hook and a loop type thing on the wifi antennae. I believe it has something to do with this, but not sure.

ffs.