Ipod touch Wifi Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jsmmao, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jsmmao

jsmmao New Member

Hi Guys,

This a somewhat specific questions and was looking for input from other users from the community. I have a LAN at work but not a wireless network. I use my touch all the time (apps and emails). I really want to find away to stay connected at work because I am there about 8 hours a day. Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe of bringing a wifi router in, but I am not sure if that will work with my companys set up (large company infrastructure.) Can I connect to my computers network connections somehow (adhoc etc)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ipod Touch 16gb 2nd Gen
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You have two options:

1. Buy a Wi-Fi dongle and use that.
    2. Bring a wireless router in.
  3. jsmmao

jsmmao New Member

Thank you for your response. I have both a wireless router and wifi dongle. Which one would you recommend/would work the best? Is there a tutorial you know of on how to run it through a wifi dongle?

Thanks for your help
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you want to hook it up to a Wi-Fi dongle, you should just follow the instructions that were [hopefully] included. Once you get that set up, just join the network on the iPod.

I'd check with your IT person first to see if they'd mind you setting a router up.
  5. jsmmao

jsmmao New Member

Ok, thanks for your help. I think I might run into some restrictions with the wi-fi dongle because I dont have full administrative privelages on my PC. A router will be most likely out of the question because of security issues.

I guess verizon will need to hurry up and get that Iphone because I dont know if I can make it all day without my apps!