Ipod Touch WIFI enchance??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tnm1303, Oct 24, 2007.

1. tnm1303

tnm1303 New Member

so i have an ipod touch for a while now and i have a problem thats making me sorta mad. I have wifi in my house but the problem is is that its is way too slow. I have comcast cable internet. What's wierd is that my girlfriend has the same internet provider, but when im at her house the wifi speed is super fast. Do you kow how i can fix this? or is there anything i can buy at best buy or something to increase the wifi speed? thanks!
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Put an empty Pringles can over your Router antena. (I heard this works lol)

But seriously, call your ISP and ask them. Maybe you have a different package than her? Maybe your house is further from a hub? They should be able to help you.
  3. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Is it possible that at your house your signal goes through lots of walls?
  4. lawlz_xD

lawlz_xD New Member

be you tried using. It next to your router?if it works well right next to it,youll know what your problem is.
  5. tnm1303

tnm1303 New Member

Welps the router is right on my computer desk, which is in my room, but the wifi is still really slow. My question is that does the router make a difference on my ipod wifi speed? Because my router looks pretty pathetic, but my internet around the house is really fast, so i don't think it's because of the router. Anyone else out there has any suggestions???!
  6. flash84x

flash84x New Member

if your interenet through non-wireless mediums is just as fast as the internet at your gfs house then it definately sounds like your wireless router sucks, maybe go buy the same one she has since you know it works well
  7. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    go buy a Wireless N card and router
  8. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Kinda hard to put a wifi card in the touch and adding an N router won't do a thing for the touch which I believe only supports wireless-g speeds.
  9. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Are both routers configured the same? Have you actually measured the download and upload speeds from both locations. What you may perceive as a lower speed may only be your perception.

good luck.
  10. kyungjin

kyungjin New Member

Even if you have Wireless G, there are still different speeds for it.

The two common ones are 54mbps and 108mbps. These of course are theoretical outputs. The thing is, if your internet data transfer speeds exceed these, that could be the limiting factor.