ipod touch wifi connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lolly51, Feb 7, 2010.

1. lolly51

lolly51 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just purchased an iPod touch and cannot access my wireless connection here at my home. When I click on wifi it says choose a network and there are 2 choices, Private which shows a locked key and other. Clicking on the private one asks for a password and I do not know what password its refering to. clicking on other asks for network name then security (which it says none). what are they asking for and where do I find this info so I can acess the web. also, if I am not at home and want to acess the web (like earlier today) it showed me a linyski connection but I could not access it either. This thing is not very "user friendly" if you ask me. But I need help. thank you. (My router is netgear and my operating system is windows xp)

Please Register or Log in to view images

and

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nokiemens

Nokiemens New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Go into your router, under the Wireless tab [if there is one... i use a d-link] it should have a long key. Type it in on your iPod, and connect. If you want to, although I don't recommend it, turn off encryption in the router. To get to the router, in case you dun know it.. just go to w/e your router's IP is. It most likely is 192.168.0.1 or pretty damn close.. Typically the 0 is replaced with a diff number.