Ipod Touch + Wifi 24/7 w/out iphone or edge

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Jux1, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    before you read further an think this is some sh@t that it aint, and it bein some hack or mod to allow this for free...its not, but this was exactly what i been looking for, an im sure it will produce the same effect for everyone else. I posted somethin about this a while ago, but instead of searching for some mystery hack or mod, i gave in an just bought the hardware. Ill post up pics later or pm me for more info. I got verizon service, and a verizon aircard, a sierra ac595u(a usb modem aircard), where i get broadband service monthly for 50 or 60$. Only problem is, only goes into ur laptop an its a b*tch to share the connection, an aint portable if u do. I bought a cradlepoint phs300, a mobile router that runs off a rechargable battery, its prob the size of 2 iphones stacked on top of each other. I plug my verizon card into it, and it creates an 802.11 wifi signal from the evdo signal off the card. Even wit the card plugged in, i can still fit it in my coat pocket or bag if im walking around, while my ipod touch is in my hand, online, anywhere i go...like an iphone, but better. Edge is slow as fu&k an the signal from the verizon card is faster then most wifi hotspots i seen, an i live in ny. If i knew of a mic that i could buy in a store an not have to mail away for those touchmod mics, i could use the voip on the touch like a iphone an make calls while im on the move. I got a serious contract wit verizon that i cant break, an i hate edge an att so thats why i dont got an iphone. But to me, whatever it is i do got is alot fu@kin better.
  2. Firespray

Firespray Banned

Sounds interesting, have any pictures or anything?
  3. steeped

steeped New Member

$60 a month? That's a killer, especially if it's just for the ipod... 4 months and you can just buy urself a new iPod.

Kool though...
  4. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

Not to mention that an iPhone + cost of edge would be wayyyyyy cheaper/more portable in the long run.
  5. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Its not just for the ipod, i mean regardless, i would still have it anyway, for laptop and other devices. But unless its some complex sh!t, or a project for work, to be real, when it comes to everyday use, my laptops been collecting dust since the day i jailbroke my ipod. This is more an alternative to people w/verizon already, or sprint, that aint tryin to deal with a new contract that will cost alot more money in the end.....an i know this cause my friend's iphone bill is more money then my verizon phone bill + the aircard broadband bill, and his total usage beats the sh!t out of mine. Plus with edge, he stays with a problem connecting to wifi, so hes stuck using edge and between the sh!tty video quality and the 50years it takes to load a web page, i couldnt really f@ck with it. But this is all my opinion, and some might agree, and some might tell me to go fu&k myself, either way is all good, i just figured, cause this site helped me out numerous times, that i'd post this idea up for whomever it may have caught the interest of.
  6. iPodninja

iPodninja New Member

Man that is awesome, wish i had money! hehe im fine with hacking onto my schools wifi. and I wouldn't be on the internet that much to actually use to the full capability of a aircard or wireless router.
  7. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    How long does the router battery last?
    Is it rechargable? Do you need to buy new ones?
  8. Jux1

Jux1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well, in my description i said the router was a phs300, and i have the ctr350. I did that to avoid making the sh!t seem more complex, cause they are essentially the same thing, aside from the fact that the model i have is not battery powered, and the other one is. The phs300 lasts about 2 1/2 hours fully charged. I built a battery pack for the model i have from a battery holder from radio shack, and 4 AA recharchable batteries, and that lasts me about 3 1/2 hours when fully charged. The battery pack i built is only about 2 1/2 iches long by 2 1/2 inches wide. I just felt it would make life a hell of alot simpler to use the model that already is battery powered in the description, as had it been now instead of 3 months aho when i bought it, and that model was available, thats what i would have been using anyway. Ill up spme screen shots when i get to a comp, as unless u tell me otherwise...i cannot from my itouch. But if your curious, go to www.cradlepoint.com and you will see pics of the routers im talking about. I should be getting fu@kin paid for this advertisement cause i aint no fu@kin spammer, but im just tryin to point ya'll in the right direction. Holla if u got any questions
  9. Covenant550

Covenant550 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    sounds interesting, just get me one of those, put it in my backpack and im on wifi all day in class with no firewall lol sweet.
  10. itouchedatouch

itouchedatouch New Member

I guess you didn't search, this has been posted a million times.