iPod Touch wi-fi OVERHEATING

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by metr0man, Dec 15, 2007.

1. metr0man

metr0man New Member

I've had the Touch for over a month now, and it mostly worked fine even when Jailbroken (1.1.1)... then when i went through the whole process for 1.1.2 jailbreak - ever since then whenever i use wi-fi the Touch gets hot, very hot very fast, like within a minute or two of browsing the internet. So much so i can even feel the heat through my iClear case. it wasn't like this before... sicne then I've restored it to factory, tried 1.1.1 downgrade, 1.1.1 jailbroken, 1.1.2 regular, 1.1.2 jailbroken, in each case, it still overheats very fast. Anybody have any help for me or know what's wrong?

if not i'll have to restore it and go to the apple store, but hopefully there's a solution here.
  2. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe take the case off? mine overheats too when i watch like youtube and stuff. its no big deal tho. it hasnt done anything to it.
  3. metr0man

metr0man New Member

it overheats without the case... was just pointing out that if i have the case on i can still feel the heat through it, but the metal back is hotter without it.
    is it normal after a few minutes of wi-fi for it to get hot??
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Warm yes, hot no.

Have you dropped your ipod or have you done anything else to it other than use it normally?
  5. ayuzer

ayuzer New Member

just how hot is it, like others said, its normal for it to be warm when using cpu intensive apps like webbrowsing
  6. ben471

ben471 New Member

So it overheats even after a restore? If it's really hot and not jailbroken you might want to take it to Apple and see what they say. Maybe they can at least tell you if that is out of the ordinary.
  7. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Like ayuzer said, it's probably the cpu just working hard. I notice on my iPod, when I went from 1.1.1>1.1.2 the cpu frequency went from 400Mhz>412Mhz. It's originally rated for 400, but I think the jailbreak (or the version update) did a tad bit of over-clocking. Or I'm completely wrong.