iPod Touch - Wi-Fi access at Caribou

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by noobie, Dec 12, 2007.

1. noobie

noobie New Member

Anybody have problems connecting to the Caribou Coffee Wi-Fi network.

It shows up on my available networks list... But, i keep getting the "Unable to join network" message....

Help!!

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know if Caribou Coffee is the same, but I've used a couple of those free spots. Seems like after you connect to the network, you need to open Safari and go to just some web page (like Google.com). Usually you'll be redirected to a sign-in page of some sort which you need to go through. Then you can get on the net, check email, etc... At least that's my experience - and sometimes just refreshing a page in Safari doesn't work - you need to go to a bookmark or new page for the redirect to occur.
  3. rdytokill

rdytokill New Member

wow.. same problem.. i was wondering if theirs an app for this or somthing cuzz i see the network too but safari still wont work. but it might just be tht im trying to connect to a school network

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. noobie

noobie New Member

I have been able to use it at other places, like you mentioned. Brueggers, Dunn Bros., Staples, etc...

But for some reason it will not connect to Caribou network. I will try to get help from Caribou Coffee tech support and see what i can figure out.
    Apparently they have a tech support team available for their FREE Wi-Fi !!!! Go figure, but that is awesome.