Ipod Touch Werid Wifi Problem.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FTFlash, Jul 25, 2008.

1. FTFlash

FTFlash New Member

Alright, my touch is detecting my router,bell668, but every time i click on it, it seems to load for like 10 seconds and then says unable to connect to network, this isn't the only problem,my xbox or wii will no longer connect to my wireless router,any solution?
    i'm pretty sure it isn't my firewall.
  2. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If your other devices won't connect, it's probably your router. Try restarting it.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeh try resetting ur router.
    if ur that desperate for ur wifi to work, maybe a restore and see if it works. if it doesnt, it could be ur iPod's fault.
  4. FTFlash

FTFlash New Member

well my router is a 2wire, its a combined modem/router its like it is built in, ive tryed restarting it, ive unblocked my firewall, shut off avg free edition. it seems it only started occuring once i got rid of my norton antivirus i couldnt connect. and i doubt its the ipods fault seeing how my wii nor my 360 will connect to my wifi.
  5. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    As I said earlier, it's not your iPod's fault. Have you tried to access your router through the gateway IP address (something like 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1)?
  6. FTFlash

FTFlash New Member

ive been there,but im unaware of what to do.
  7. slname

slname New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

You can try resetting your router from there. Anyway, this problem is too general and you should better ask about it on another community that deals with router problems, rather than an iPod community, I doubt you'll be able to get any help here unfortunately.