iPod Touch went through the washer/dryer...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bok Choy, Dec 2, 2010.

  1. Bok Choy

    Bok Choy Member

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2010
    Messages:
    218
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I feel sick.

    I just opened the dryer door and my two-month old 4th gen iPod Touch fell out. It went through the full washer and dryer cycle. I put it in a bag of rice and covered it and I'm crossing my fingers. Are there any other tips to share?
  2. JLick

    JLick Member

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Messages:
    383
    Likes Received:
    12
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I always thought the rice was the best thing for any electronics...

    GOOD LUCK MAN!
  3. mush

    mush Member

    Joined:
    May 10, 2010
    Messages:
    336
    Likes Received:
    1
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    that suks... u should probably leave it in that bag for atleast 2 weeks

    good luck!
  4. 42395_skyline

    42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2009
    Messages:
    10,896
    Likes Received:
    483
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    After going through the dryer, don't think there should be any water in there

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    Was it burning hot when it was out?
  5. mkm159

    mkm159 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2010
    Messages:
    1,977
    Likes Received:
    41
    Device:
    5G iPod touch
    haha true.
    and not trying to be rude, but how in the hell does an iPod go through a full cycle like that?
    earphones, i understand. mine have gone in there plenty of times.
    but an iPod is bulky and hard to miss..
  6. tinyman392

    tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Messages:
    15,087
    Likes Received:
    1,112
    Device:
    iPhone 6
    You're lucky it hit the dryer. At the same time unlucky... Let's hope it didn't receive any heat damage. The iPod most likely shut off while in the dryer, so that will help out a bit (overheat = shut off; dryer is hot). The dryer most likely dried up any water particles in it anyways

    Please Register or Log in to view images



    The worst I've had go through the washer/dryer are a pair of headphones (They were 30 dollar Sony headphones). They came out in a nice working condition and lasted me a total of 3-4 years, then I retired them (they still work though

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    ) for a pair with iPod controls.

    Keep it in rice (the miracle Asian grain) for 24 hours (48 if you really want to be safe). I do see it working again as long as it didn't receive any heat damage. I'm more worried about the heat than the water (the heat vaporized the water, so it can't do as much damage).
  7. Half-Life

    Half-Life Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 28, 2009
    Messages:
    8,145
    Likes Received:
    659
    Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My friend's iPod touch went through just the wash and he left it on after and the screen went out and the speakers died. But... he but it in a bag of rice 2 days later (still on) and it came out working just as it went going into the washer.
  8. poproxmimo3

    poproxmimo3 Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    Messages:
    242
    Likes Received:
    3
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Not the rice dude, you should've buried it in the ground, cuz thats where its going to spend the rest of it's life,

    cross the headphones across the screen in an X-like way, microfiber from covering the bottom half, and put two pennies on top of it, boondock saints style

    just kidding, put it in recovery mode.
  9. tinyman392

    tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    Messages:
    15,087
    Likes Received:
    1,112
    Device:
    iPhone 6

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    What? I'm confused now, what the heck are you talking about?

    Please Register or Log in to view images

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  10. studangerous

    studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2007
    Messages:
    5,972
    Likes Received:
    18
    Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He's trying to be funny/smart and failing miserably.

    The only hope you have is to leave it in rice in a warm place for a week or two and DO NOT power it on until you're sure it has dried completely... Hopefully it will work but the water and heat comb,nation could have done some serious damage to sensitive electronics and the battery. Good luck.

Share This Page