ipod touch water prob

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vinay080, Jan 2, 2010.

1. vinay080

vinay080 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey folks
    kudos for all members.. been a regular visitor to the site and forums..

i have a prob with my ipod touch 2g. it went inside water for a few seconds before i took it out. after that the screen blinked for a few secs and it got switched off. when i connected it back to my itunes, it asked me to restore. i restored my ipod.. now my touch screen is not working. i couldnt even unlock with the slide bcoz my touch screen is not working..

wat options do i have now? i saw some video on youtube asking to clean the headphone jack hole using nail polish.. will it work? plz guys, help me out. from last 1 year, my ipod has been such a good frnd of mine, suddenly am feeling lost since morning.

-Vinay
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    NEVER turn on a device after it has been in ANY liquid. You leave it turned OFF for at least 24 hours (put it in rice to dry out any water inside). After that, then you turn it on, if problems still exist, then you need a new iPod... Hope this helps.
  3. voLcoM¯

voLcoM¯ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Put it in rice for a week and don't attempt to turn it on. Best wishes to you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I'm assuming that your iPod was on when it went under water? In either case, you shouldn't have plugged it into your computer because since there is water in your iPod, the electricity that flows through your iPod when it powers on will fry your iPod. Only thing you can do is, put it in a bowl of rice, leave it there for a week or so, and see what happens.
  5. vinay080

vinay080 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks folks.. i will try putting it in rice and let you know.. beer for sure if it works..

Please Register or Log in to view images