iPod Touch Warrinty Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fenderman8000, Aug 28, 2008.

1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok so about four to five months ago i bought a brand new iPod in its plastic and was completely new from some guy off of craigslist. It was also a newer model that came with 1.1.4.. Recently my iPods been acting all stupid cus it freezes on the boot logo all the time and I cant fix it unless i do an annoying plug ipod to computer, wait, do it again procedure, so basically its kind of broken. If I take it to my Apple Store and I can convince them how its broken can I get a new one? Because I'm pretty sure I called Apple before and have registered my iPod before.. Note: i Have not bought the 2 year apple protection plan
  2. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

YOUR f***ED!!!!!!! Always buy the insurance. You can purposefully damage it and get a new one, well a refurbished one.
  3. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

All iPod's are good and under a warranty directly from Apple until September 5th.

ALL iPods. No matter where you got it.
  4. cainy

cainy New Member

yup, it should still be under warranty, just remove any custom/jailbroken firmware you have before taking it into the store
  5. craigstephen420

Don't listen to these people. If you bought an Ipod off craigslist, then the warranty is no longer valid, for you have to be the one who bought it brand new from a certified apple dealer (unless you have the original receipt from the previous owner). And how do you know its brand new? Because they said so? The ONLY way to assure you have complete coverage is to buy an ipod from a certified apple dealer and hope it doesn't break down after the year warranty is up. They hate it when people purchase the 3 year insurance plan because they know once a new ipod is introduced, all those 3 year plan consumers will come out and be enabled to get the newer model for free.
  6. Fehr

Fehr New Member

I'm just about positive Apple wouldn't give away 2nd generation iPod Touches just because you broke your 1st generation. That's not what "insurance" is. That's just Apple losing money.
  7. craigstephen420

Apple doesn't lose money. They NEVER will lose money. Again, they charge $500 for a brand new itouch 32gb (which costs them about $75 to make) because they know those who buy it will be using their insurance everntually. Its been happening since the first ipod came out. I have personally been upgraded twice from the 30gb ipod photo to the 60gb ipod video because of "problems" with their refurbs. I bought the nano because I didn't like carrying my entire library around on one device. The nano screwed up on me and they tried to give me a refurb which I went home and intentionally messed up. I was upgraded with a new one with that as well. See, the pricetag on a ipod with the insurance assures you of getting the newest ipod on the market. Now, once you get the newest one, make sure you don't f*** that one up because they won't do anything for you once they know they gave you the newest one. Again, I've done this twice and with my new 32gb touch, I will do it again once the new 64gb comes out. This is why they charge so much for it new. Because assholes like me keep doing this. Well its not me, its apple who is allowing this to happen. Believe me, apple will NEVER lose money!
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

• Insulting other members
    No, the warranty is valid for all iPod touches. You just need to have the serial number, and look up the warranty info.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

The Exclusions section in the warranty explanation PDF says nothing about not having the receipt:

http://images.apple.com/legal/warranty/docs/ipodisight.pdf

Read up next time, douche
  9. craigstephen420

• Flaming and/or trolling
    Hey tough guy, wanna call someone? Call me <removed> I'll give you my address. Come over here and call me a douche. I'll smash your face in for you. You don't even know me. Without a valid receipt from apple, you cannot claim a one year warranty. Without your name on the receipt, you cannot claim the one year warranty. If that was true, any dickhead out there can steal someones ipod, go in with the serial number and be validated as warrantied? I don't think so. Use your head idiot.
  10. tchdndahed

tchdndahed New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i had no receipt when i took mine in to be replaced, all they needed was the serial number on the thing and my email addy - they looked up when i activated the warrenty & presto.