Ipod Touch Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WhiteHat09, Aug 11, 2008.

1. WhiteHat09

WhiteHat09 New Member

I went to my local apple store and asked, "I dropped my touch and now the audio jack and ipod cable port dont work, is this covered in the warranty?". I was surprised when he said "no". Does this guy not know what he was talkin about or is he right, cuz all I hear are stories of ppl dropping there ipods and getting them replaced when there under warranty.
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Oddly enough, I wrecked my Mercedes and went to the dealer and asked if that was covered under warranty and they said no also. Go figure
  3. WhiteHat09

WhiteHat09 New Member

Theres no need for sarcasm, I realize this is a funny request but I just wanted to know what other ppl have experienced when it comes to the warranty. Like I said I know someone who had a Classic and the audio jack stopped working, and apple replaced it. Would the employee had answered me differently if I didnt say I dropped it, so like "the audio jack and bottom port dont work, is this covered in the warranty?".
  4. diegohuyke

diegohuyke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No tis not covered, and besides you should be more careful. apple shouldn't pay for YOUR mistakes
  5. Dave C

Dave C New Member

Yeah, you would have most likely received a different response.
    One implies it's the products malfunction, the other implies that you made it malfunction (whether on purpose or not is irrelevant)