iPod Touch Warranty Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NearZero, Jul 3, 2010.

1. NearZero

NearZero Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi there I dont know if apple will give me a new? Will they give me a new ipod touch if i have warrant and these are the problems?
    Screen top right corner when you press it makes a clicking sound like noe glued on properly
    Scratches on Screen
    Would they give me a new ipod touch?
  2. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Depends, contact apple. If you have a warranty and it is a genuine fault, then yes. However if the scratches and clicking sound were caused by carelessness or the ipod touch being miss-treated then probably not.

Apple UK Warranty Info;
    http://store.apple.com/uk/help/warranty
  3. NearZero

NearZero Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nah it was like that the clicking sound then it came out of the box but i dont care anyways it doesnt bother me anymore but thanks for replying
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not sure if they'll replace it because of the clicking problem. I doubt they will, but you never know. But I know for sure that they won't replace it because of the scratches. That's not a defect so they have no obligation to fix that.
  5. Flying_MashedPotatoes

Flying_MashedPotatoes Banned

you might as well try to get a replacement, what have you got to lose?? and if the clicking doesn't bother you, that's okay even more if they dont replace it cause you don't care

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I have like a year warranty on mine and my button wasn't responding at all unless you PRESSED SUPER HARD on it and then it would work.Eventually that problem stopped so I decided not to get it replaced.Luckly it only did it for like a week or two.

Most likely they will replace it.Or refurbish it.