Ipod Touch vs Zune HD

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tu3218, Oct 16, 2009.

1. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

Hi guys I'm new to this forum. So this past weekend I had my zune hd stolen from(horrible weekend). Anyway to make a long story short I was gonna get another zune hd but for the first time ever I considered getting a ipod touch. I really like that the ipod touch has Bluetooth, an that good amount of apps. But at same time the zune hd screen is definitely better then the ipod touch. I also like the fact the zune has fm radio. But I was just wondering if anyone could give me some opinions on them, especially any of you guys that have dealt with an ipod and zune hd. I have a couple questions to:

1. Do you have to use itunes with an ipod? Not to much of a fan of itunes
    2. Do all the game apps on the ipod touch cost?

Thanks for any help
  2. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. I can't help you there
    2. No, there are free games (granted most of the free ones aren't very good)
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1. Technically yes, but from what I remember there was another program being developed (or has been developed) that will support ipods, zunes, blackberries and a lot of other devices. I can't remember the name though. If I remember it, I'll let you know

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. And no, there are a lot that do not cost money. Of course, some of the better apps are paid, but most of the time, there is a lite version (which is free) so you can test the game out. And if you like it, you can buy it.

edit: Yep, the program is called doubleTwist. When I go onto the site, I see a mac download, but that's probably because it's detecting that I'm on a mac. But there is a windows version as well.
    http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt
  4. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1. yes, you can use software like SharePod for music etc
    however, for apps, you will need iTunes

2. nope most are free.

doubletwist looks pretty sweet for a non Apple-compatible software
  5. mateo

mateo Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think the ipod touch is far superior! The zune HD has nvidia tegra technology, but the web browser is a JOKE. The FIRST gen ipod touch's web browser is 2 times as fast as the crappy one on the zune! also, you can get a ton of free jailbroken apps, and a ton of free apps on the appstore. Even the pricey apps can be acquired for free but its illegal i think.

I'm not sure of any alternative programs to sync the ipod touch with, but I don't see anything wrong with itunes...
  6. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

I wouldn't say its terrible on the zune hd, yeah it not as good as the ipod touch but its definitely not terrible. How is the audio quality?
  7. hexoDAT64

hexoDAT64 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would put it as this:
    -If you want a great media player: Get the Zune HD
    -If you want a very good media player that does other things great too: Get the iPod touch

In my opinion the audio quality and the video quality on the OLED screen of the Zune are much better then the touch
  8. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

yeah hexo I think your right with that one. Tough choice.
  9. Exhonour

Exhonour New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You know the OLED screen is actually bull made up by microsoft. First of all it looks worse, especially in bright places like outside.

Heres detailed explanation:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article...o_tegra_five_myths_of_the_zune_hd.html&page=1

Anyways you don't have to use iTunes, theres a lot of different programs that work as managers. A lot of games/apps are free but often times suck or are just not as good as paid.
  10. tu3218

tu3218 New Member

It doesn't look worse at all. In fact it really does blow the ipod touch away or for that matter any lcd screen. OLED screens in any device are superior to anything out there. yea it's a little tough to see in sunlight, but that wouldn't ever stop me from buying one. I do like the little bigger screen on the touch though. It's not much but for some reason it seems to make a big difference.

Those games they show on tv, how much do they usually cost? thanks