Ipod touch vs psp(slim) again!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kenpachiroks, May 26, 2009.

1. kenpachiroks

kenpachiroks New Member

i know its been taken up XXXX times but...its the same dilemma... which is better..

Screen : Both equally good(res & clarity). PSP bigger. touch has touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Games : no doubt PSP rules

Video : Both equally capapble. PSP(widescreen 16:9)

after Hack : psp has a better roost of programs as of now.

storage : touch has flash which is faster. itunes dependence is a drawback. mem cards(ease of use)

audio : as far as i know the audio quality is the same. not helped by the presets.

looks : touch, hands down. but u start wanting some buttons instead of touch all the time. trust me. i've had a PDA for 5 years. psp bulkier to carry.

internet : touch has more features. psp has scype. wifi better on touch.
    no adhoc b/w touch.
    safari is handy. psp browser isnt far behind.

price : psp is still cheaper after adding the price of two 4 gb cards. 16gb psp = 8 gb touch

battery : touch is better. psp takes 3 hrs to recharge.

both equally fragile
    psp has TV out

PSP isnt the clear winner but it has an edge. but the touch somehow pulls you. gimme a final verdict and the reason. lets put it to rest.

but the reason shouldn't be
    "The touch is coool"
    seen it a million time. IT DOES NOT COUNT AS A REASON
  2. Ben B

Ben B New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So whats the point in the thread, if you've answered all the questions yourself?
  3. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I have them both and here is what I think:
    Screen : I like them both.

Games : The PSP DOES have a lot better games, but EA Games released need for speed so they are getting better for the touch too.

Video: The iPod Touch Looks better

After CFW: The PSP is a lot better. I had to hard mod my battery, but I still say it is better because it is more stable.

Storage: I think the iPod Touch is the best, because you can get bigger storage on it then you can get memory cards.

Audio: The PSP has a better output quality to me. I like the iPod's ability to display a lot more like artwork and such.

Looks : PSP is HUGE hunk of lead lol. The iPod beats it by a LOT in weight.

internet : PSP's wifi is better. It has a better signal on stuff. Although the PSP's browser by default is HORRIBLE. I use the netfront internet browser for extra memory to watch movies and stuff.

Price : The touch is worth it for the money.

Battery : My PSP stays charged for 6 hours and my touch only does for 5 so I would say PSP.
  4. kenpachiroks

kenpachiroks New Member

i've supported both sides. i need a final verdict.

PS: i mentioned that both have the same audio quality. has any1 found a difference?

WHAT WOULD YOU BUY? and why?
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I think the audio on the PSP is a LOT better than the iPod's. And I would get the touch because it is a lot better and always will be. Until the PSP 4000 is released!!!
  6. kenpachiroks

kenpachiroks New Member

jawcl. man! u just gave me reasons why the psp is better. and quote "And I would get the touch because it is a lot better and always will be" why??
  7. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Because it will soon be better. It isn't at the moment, but Apple develops stuff all the time and I think it will become better soon. It has a lot more features I haven't mentioned here. Also you posted this topic in the wrong section.

EDIT: Here are my reasons:

1. No more lugging around stacks of UMDs in a mini-suitcase, why choose which games to bring with you, when you can load them all onto your iPhone or iPod touch.

2. Because changing UMDs every time you want to play a different game is isn't fun.

3. Sorry, Batman called and he wants his belt back. Why carry around an Audio Player, Video Player, Portable Console, PDA, Cell Phone and Netbook, when could could have all these features in one compact device.

4. Save yourself a trip with the App Store’s digital downloads, more convenient than driving to the store, it’s like the mobile version of Valve’s Steam.

5. Spinning an optical disc is great for prolonging load times, think of it as added anticipation built right into the game. And don’t worry about the additional battery drain, you can always buy the super sized battery pack, tumor like bulges on your PSP, awesome!

6. No storage space on the PSP, cost of PSP + Memory Stick = more than iPod Touch.

7. You can’t lose iPhone games, you can re-download them unlimited times, lose your UMD? good luck getting it back.

8. Updating games is painless, update through iTunes or even directly from your iPhone/iPod touch, no scouring the net to find updates.

9. New features and additional content through game updates. When was the last time you saw a PSP game updated with more content/features?

10. iPhone is always connected, multiplayer where it counts most, on the go. PSP only has WiFi multiplayer, AKA playing on your PSP while your PS3 sits idle in front of you.

11. Shelf space is not an issue, larger variety of games, more indie developed games, less cookie cutter released yearly franchise games.

12. News Flash: ACME now using PSPs to build houses due to brick shortages.

13. Innovative controls allow for new games instead of rehashes, geee and I was really looking forward to Street Fighter 23… It’s time for change.

14. Relatively cheap prices, App Store games are usually less than 10 dollars and some are even free. PSP games on the other hand cost on average 40 to 50 dollars.

15. Easily get Music (8.5M) / Podcast (125K) / Movies (2.6K) / TV Shows (30K) / Apps (3K) onto your iPhone and iPod touch through iTunes. You can keep adding bells and whistles to the PSP, but at the end of the day, there is no simple way to get media onto the PSP.
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what's scype?

did u mean skype?
  9. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

I am sure he does.
  10. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iPhone/iPod Touch both have Skype. For the time being I'm going with iPod Touch, I'll explain later in an edit.