iPod touch vs. iPhone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by krnk13579, Oct 3, 2007.

1. krnk13579

krnk13579 New Member

i'm kind of stuck between these two. For the iPhone i can get it and unlock it for the ipod features, but with the iPod i don't have to hack it. However there's the extra apps on the iPhone and i can use it later as a phone when my contract runs out. Which one would you prefer?
  2. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

depends... do u really need the phone stuff? or r u just gonna use it for the ipod feature and camera etc... its a toss up... i would have liked to get an iphone but i decided that at&t with a two year contract is probly too much for me... r u already at&t? that makes the choice easier
  3. krnk13579

krnk13579 New Member

well i was thinking that im putting down 400 for 16g so why not get the iphone since i can get extra features. I don't really know if these are really useful features though. And im on verizon and my contract runs out soon.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Get the one you want. Remember that the iPhone doesn't come with 16GB. Also remember that you don't need to unlock it for the iPod features to worlk on the iPhone.

Also rememebr that there is currently no way of escaping a $69.99 (plus taxes and fees) phone bill. Do you really want to pay that for two years? I didn't, and that was the reason I did not get an iPhone.
  5. sitric

sitric New Member

again it depends on what you want to do with it.... the iphone hacking community is very very active right now and you can add functionality and what not on the iphone with community support. the iPod Touch hacking community hasnt even started yet (means, you'll have to be patient)....

well, i was also kinda torn between the two, but i bought the iPod touch as i dont need another phone anyways and just need wi-fi AND the extra apps, which are inevitably gonna come on the iTouch sometime soon.