IPOD Touch VPN Suggestion using Public Hotspots...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mike7688, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Mike7688

Mike7688 New Member

I just bought a Ipod Touch 3G 32Gb. I'll be going on a trip soon for a couple months and I'll be using Airport Wifi and public hot spots across the country. I may have to make purchases at times for hotels and stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good VPN (Virtual Private Network)? I'm looking for one that won't break the bank yet still be secure and easy to connect to. I don't care about space limitations since I would only need it for online transactions and password protected sites.

I have been looking at Ace VPN. It looks alright at 5$ a month. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    where are you gonna be? US, canada? ect
  3. Mike7688

Mike7688 New Member

I'll be travelling all through the United states and using Airports, Libraries and coffe shops for free WIFI access.
  4. Gtamario

Gtamario Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    itsHidden
  5. Mike7688

Mike7688 New Member

I signed up for thisd but was unable to find any setup details for Iphone/Ipods. Only Windows/Mac/linux
  6. Mike7688

Mike7688 New Member

After doing allot of research I decided to take the plunge and test out one of the pay VPN clients I found. I choose Acevpn for 5 bucks a month. So far it seems to work pretty well on my Ipod Touch. The VPN's seem to connect smoothly without issue. I did a speed test on one of the UK VPNs and it got around 394K download. Thats fine for me not needing *******s or videos much. As I mentioned I'm just interested in it for security purposes like online purchases from Public Hotspots.

My first try in public will probably be using it on a Delta Airlines flight using GOGO internet from SFO to ATL. I look forward to tracking my flight in flight so I know what part of the country I'mn flying over, it sure passes the time. Then for the 4 hour layover at ATL airport. Hopefully all go's well.
  7. Herdnerfer

Herdnerfer New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Personal VPN

Ever though of setting up and VPN on your home computer? Thats what i do, and if you have a good ISP that doesn't change your IP address frequently, should work well....