iPod Touch Volume Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kertap123, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kertap123

kertap123 New Member

About a year ago, I got a 2G 16GB iPod Touch. It has been working fine ever since about a week ago. The volume toggle on the side of the iPod has stopped working right. I can still change it, but I have to hold it down for about five seconds before it starts working. Also, I can make it work by pressing it like ten times then it will go up or down a little. I just want to know what is safe for my iPod that I can use on it to fix this problem. I have tried using compressed air and glass cleaner on it but nothing has worked. If anyone knows anything I can use on my iPod that is safe please post here. Any help is appreciated!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. RowRowRowYerGoat

RowRowRowYerGoat New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey, does the volume button physically not work, like it doesn't push down? Or does it just not respond on the screen? And are you jailbroken?

Ah, and I see this is your first post! Welcome to iPTF

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. kertap123

kertap123 New Member

it doesnt show up on the screen. it is a hardware problem though because i tried restoring and it has the same problem. and i jailbroke my ipod a little while back but it has been unjailbroken for about three months now. so this problem has started to show up a about two months and 3 weeks after i unjailbroke.
  4. RowRowRowYerGoat

RowRowRowYerGoat New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well if it's a hardware problem, I'd say take it to the Apple Store, unless you want to DIY