iPod touch videos

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Superstar, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hey there!

I'm going to buy an ipod touch in the begining of February. I'm going to be about a week or two in NY so I'll get it then. At the same time I'll have access to a Mac OS PC and not my Vista PC at home.

Now my issue is that I want to put a couple of movies and TV episodes on the ipod while I'm in NY. I'll be traveling with my PSP (5GB of memory) so I'll put them on the PSP and transfer them to the Mac. I currently use Videora to convert videos and I understand it doesn't work on Mac.

Is it worth trying to convert the movies already here on my Vista PC and then transferring them to the mac and ipod? How will I know that the ratio will be alright on the ipod? (H.264 VGA 512kbps Stereo/128kbps)
    Or is it better transferring the original files to the mac and converting them there? If so what FREE software should I use? I'm really happy with Videora's settings, final quality and file size....

Thanks in advance!
  2. burtonxboarder

burtonxboarder New Member

3. Superstar

Superstar Member

Hmm...well I don't want to convert a DVD, I want to convert a video file on my PC so it'll run on my ipod so handbrake isn't very helpful.

I was thinking of ffmpegX. Anyone know if it's any good?
  4. Eragon

Eragon New Member

5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Get a copy of iSquint - that's a good converter for the Mac...